MODERN AND ANCIENT
Introduction to their Structure and Composition
volume is intended as an introduction
for the neophyte to the structure and compositional variation found in
perovskite-group and related compounds, will be of interest to solid state
chemists, materials scientists, crystallographers, and mineralogists.
Chapter 1. The ideal perovskite structure: Pm3m perovskites and
2. Distorted ABX3 perovskites: geometric and structural principles.
3. Stoichiometric ternary perovskites: structural diversity.
4. Ordered perovskites.
5. Non-stoichiometric perovskites: A-site vacant and oxygen defect
6. Hexagonal perovskites and related structures.
7. Layered perovskites-I: Ruddlesden-Popper, Dion-Jacobson, Aurivillius
and AnBnX3n+2 compounds.
8. Layered perovskites-II: High temperature superconducting cuprates
and organic-inorganic halide perovskites.
9. High pressure silicate and titanate perovskites and related structures.
10. Naturally-occurring perovskites.
of full-colour representations of all of the structural types are included,
some of which appear on these web-pages.The work
does not describe the magnetic, electrical or other physical properties
of perovskite-group compounds.